Benefits of Enrolling
Enroll with us!
Why should you enroll your child/children at St. John’s Area School? There are many reasons why we think our school has excellent educational benefits beyond the typical school. Listed below are a few of our favorites.
- Small class sizes, with an average of 14 students in each classroom in grades K-6.
- We offer Pre-K and Kindergarten classes. Our Kindergarten program is an All Day-Every Day program. Pre-K includes 4 and 5 year-olds which meet on Monday, Wednesday and every other Friday OR Tuesday, Thursday and every other Friday.
- Kindergarten attends Mass once weekly. 1st through 6th grade attend Mass twice weekly. Participation in Mass is both taught and encouraged.
- Throughout the year students participate in a faith based atmosphere, all-school prayer services, religion classes, community service projects, and classroom academic programs.
- Several staff members are trained in the nationally recognized Barton Reading & Spelling System. Students who qualify are tutored one-on-one during school hours. Additional tutoring is available during the summer.
- Our staff includes three teachers who are recipients of the LEEA (Leadership in Education Excellence Award), one teacher is listed as a “Who’s Who Among American Educators” in addition to receiving the 2012 NCEA Distinguished Teacher Award.